Friday 12 September 2008

fixed some defects

2. A user registered with an '=' in the password field, which stopped them from logging into the editor. This has to be prevented both client side and server side. The first thing I need to do is check for this with JavaScript

- now username, password, subject and localtion password all get validated against an alphanumeric validator

3. (I'm currently working on this) There are still problems from the search, this is an SQL problem when users try to search for words less than 4 characters. I have solved this for some words such as LAW and IT, but many tutors register as ks1 2 3 ... this presents a problems, since I cant convert 2 3 to any other words in the subject column since others may use this for their subject (I'm not sure what yet though). Still looking for solutions, for now its a big issue that I need to find a work around for quickly!

fixed, all above now postfixed with the word tutor on registering, and post fixed with * when searching

However, I've just found I need to update: localtutorforum.com/Create_user_DataManager.php

The links on this are either out of date or dead..need to do this priority!

also priorityL update databse for ks1 2 and 3 tutors

1 comment:

Raza Abbas said...

Thanks for excellent blog.I'm happy to find useful blog share in my friends. Manhasset Tutoring THANK YOU